IT Technical Specialist
Alpine Mining SA
+41 78 307 18 40
Alpine Mining is one of the Swiss leader in Blockchain technology support. We are expert in providing Computational power services such as cryptographic currency generation, quantum computation and Blockchain-based applications. Our next milestone is the setup of a new Blockchain-oriented high performance Data Center.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated IT technical Specialist for a full-time/part-time position within our mining facilities.
This highly dynamic job requires wearing numerous hats, interacting with different experts, and applying technical skills to solve daily problems. This position is especially well suited for candidate with an engineering/geeky background, who enjoys variety in daily work, and wishes to expand overall IT technical competencies.
Starting date: July 15th 2018
First and foremost, the applicant will become an expert in IT practical matters related to management of servers assembly of mining hosts, and the subsequent monitoring of the system.
The candidate shall combine this expertise with excellent communication skills and team-oriented focus to ensure the monitoring quality of the Data center.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- We are particularly looking for a candidate with an IT and electrical background familiar with Hardware components and Data Center ecosystems.
- The position involves basic knowledge of scripting and working with UNIX systems as well as networks, databases, data mining, and distributed systems.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. An additional language is preferred.
- The applicant should be proficient in, web development, IT and OS engineering, database, network management or a related field.
- In addition, 2 years of experience in a similar position would be a definite advantage.
- Familiarity with any of the following coding languages: BASH, C, Java Script, SQL and PHP is an asset, but not strictly required for the job.
- The applicant must be highly efficient in problem solving by determining accuracy and relevance of information and using personal judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to take decisions.
- The candidate will be exposed to a range of different people, so he should feel comfortable interacting with managers and IT experts and be eager to constantly communicate internally.
- Attentive to details, open minded and result oriented.
Are you interested?
We are looking forward to receiving your application. If you are a fast learner and you wish to be part of exciting challenges arisen by the building and the maintenance of a high performance data center, please send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com along with the reference number JMP1S1.
Alpine Mining is an Equal Opportunity employer